Pages

Monday, February 15, 2016

The Work Shall Go On



Hey everyone!!

This week was fantastic. So I'll just dive right in. P-Day of last week we found a random thing called the Mina de Agua (Water Mine) in the middle of the city that is hidden in a magical little courtyard that can only be accessed by going down a hardly noticible street/alley. It looks like something from Snow White and the Seven Dwarves. 

With that extremely important news to the side, on Wednesday we had a conference from a visiting General Authority, Elder Dyches. It was fantastic. I learned so much. I took probably three or four pages of quality notes (small plates notes not large plates notes if you know what I'm sayin'). Me and my comp sat right in the front. Elder Dyches talked a lot about planning effectively, Preach My Gospel Fundamentals and pulling knives out of peoples faces in the emergency room. Oh ya. This guy is awesome. At one point he announced that he was going to look at someone's planner, looked at me and said, "Elder Cordon, let me see your planner." My heart stopped. But I handed it to him. He looked through it, congratulated me on my planning, showed it to everyone, and handed it back. Before I could let out a sigh of relief he was grabbed my comps planner and said, "Now we are going to see if Elder Cordon is a good trainer or not." Now I was sweating bullets. But he looked it over, gave his approval and some advice to both of us, and handed it back. So ya. That happened. A new goal was made at that exact instant. My planners needed to be trophy planners from here on out. He also made very clear on my planner, "Zero is not a goal." #calltorepentance

Oh my gosh. There are so many things that happened. The division with the Zone Leader, invites to baptism, some ridiculous examples of boldness. Its awesome.

One of the miracles that happened this week was this man named Jose Silvio. He is a less active we visited and have been teaching. We taught him an awesome lesson about the Plan of Salvation and gave him a really powerful invite to church but he was hesitant if he would be well enough that morning to go. Sunday morning came around and our members list, which had his number on it, was missing. We looked everywhere! We finally left to the chapel. "Dang it Elder, he won't come to church if we don't call him and give him an incentive." I said somewhat dejectedly (oh me of little faith). Well we get there and we are greeting everyone and he shows up!! In a suit! We were super excited! Our whole district brought less active members to church. The bishops councilor came up to us to tell us that there were members who came to church today that he hadn't seen in years.

We are building up the confidence this ward has for us and there desire to do missionary work. It is amazing to see the cogs start turning and things clicking into place. When members come up to you putting the pressure on you about when are we going to do a family home evening to integrate the new convert into the ward to get to know their visiting teachers they just assigned and to help her son to earn money for the temple trip coming up.

I love Amadora, I love missionary work, and I love the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ.

This was on my planner for last transfer (btw, transfers happened, I'm staying with Elder Ramos and Elder Taylor and Simpson are also staying, new sisters in the ward though, whitewash) and I thought you guys might like it. Its actually a quote Elder Simpson shared with me:

"The virtue of all achievement is victory over oneself. Those who know this victory can never know defeat."
-A.J. Cronin

Well do what is right, let the consequence follow! Be an agent not an object!

Love you all,

Elder Cordon

Also, the package was fantastic. I got so excited to see the rice krispy treat. Also the minifigs were: broken foot guy, and animal control person. OH ya. Also I like the gloves, but the buttons already broke :/


Awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment